Monday, April 26, 2010

My first step

B"H

Recently I decided to take a client to the cloud!

The client did not have reliable server space at their location (which was continuously causing problems) and we were having issues integrating their data with their partners. So we decided to move to the cloud.

Being a Microsoft shop the obvious choice was Azure.

What wasn't so obvious was some of the turbulence that we were going to hit (and continue to hit) on our journey cloudward.

So here I am typing my words into the ether, resigned to the fact they they may never be read by another human being. But with the hopes that I will be able to help at least one person navigate the journey and avoid some of the pitfalls that I encountered.

I am a programmer/developer/architect (about as far from an administrator as possible) so things should be taken from that perspective.

I will start with the issues I encounter as they arise an then get back to the first challenges when I have time. So this may not be in chronological order. Sorry no road map here. But I do hope that it will help with particular details.

I will covers issues relating to Azure (right now sql azure then on to the other offerings), SQL when applicable and the Sync Framework, which I now use for so much more but I originally discovered it while trying to migrate my data to azure.

11 comments:

  1. This is a very nice article. thank you for publishing this. i can understand this easily.Azure Online Training Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post very much. It is very much useful for my research. I hope you to share more info about this. Keep posting!! Best My SQL Training Institute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly..Wonderful blog.. Thanks for sharing informative blog.. its very useful to me..
    Salesforce Training in Chennai

    Salesforce Online Training in Chennai

    Salesforce Training in Bangalore

    Salesforce Training in Hyderabad

    Salesforce training in ameerpet

    Salesforce Training in Pune

    Salesforce Online Training

    Salesforce Training

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog for knowledge. Thank you for sharing this useful article. This blog is a very helpful to me. Keep sharing this type informative articles with us.

    https://www.ahmedabadcomputereducation.com/course/laravel-training-course/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is a very helpful to me. Thank you for sharing this useful article. Keep sharing informative articles with us.

    https://www.sdsfin.in/about-us/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this informative article.
    https://livewellhospital.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Livewell is a top recommended Neck Pain Doctor in Ahmedabad. Get the best neck pain treatment in Ahmedabad at Livewell Hospital. Back Neck Pain Treatment, Book an Appointment on +91 98250 40252.

    https://livewellhospital.com/neck-pain-treatment/

    ReplyDelete